Surfshark users are not exerted by any speed, bandwidth or data limits.
Nevertheless, please note that a little bit slower speeds and response time (ping) with VPN compared to the ones without VPN may be experienced.
If the connection speeds slow down considerably or the slower performance than usual when connected to the VPN can be observed, please try the following:
- Try out different country servers.
- Reboot your computer or mobile devices that you are experiencing issues with.
- Reboot your router/modem. If your router is setup with VPN and the connection speed is inadequate, try using VPN only on your computer or mobile device. If the issue is indeed the router, we strongly suggest getting a new one.
- Try switching between different countries’ servers.
- In case you are using Wi-Fi, please switch to a wired internet connection.
- Ensure that the latest accessible device drivers are running on your computer device.
- Try disabling the firewall to see if it has any impact.
- If it does, please check your firewall settings and remove unnecessary rules or consider using a different firewall software overall.
- If any applications for data transfer (e.g. downloading/file-sharing, etc.) are running in the background, please close them.
If all of the above fails, please contact our customer success team by clicking on the "Support" balloon at the bottom right corner of the page.