Reasons for getting error messages are usually related to connectivity, your current location, or your network.
Here is what you can try to fix the issue:
- Try updating the application. The latest versions of Surfshark have the latest security measures and bug fixes. Having an older version can cause errors;
- Make sure that no other VPN service is running at all while using Surfshark;
- Try connecting to Surfshark on a different network, e.g. instead of Wi-Fi, use mobile data or a different Wi-Fi network;
- If you are in a country with heavy network restrictions, you may see Error 403 or the Unable to reach systems error. In this case, please refer to these steps;
If you are using a custom firewall or anti-virus application, disable it or make an exception for Surfshark services - you can find guides on how to do so on our Help Center;
- Also, try to reinstall the Surfshark app, restarting your device and your router;
- If you see the Surfshark background service is not running error, please check out this article.
You may also be interested in: