The Surfshark webcam protection feature protects you from potential hackers accessing your webcam.
In this article, you will learn how to use this feature on Windows. You will need a Windows device, Surfshark app, an active Surfshark subscription, and an active Surfshark ONE subscription, both of which you can purchase on our pricing page.
NOTE: Currently, the feature is only available for Windows and macOS users, but we will be introducing the feature to other operating systems gradually.
You will learn how to:
Setup the webcam protection feature on Windows
- Open the Surfshark application and navigate to the Antivirus tab.
- Here, you will find the Webcam protection feature. You'll have to install it if it is your first time using it. Do so by pressing the install button.
- Once the installation finishes, the feature will be ready for use.
Use the webcam protection feature
- Toggle the Webcam protection feature. Click on the Trusted app list to choose which apps can access your webcam.
- You should find an empty list. Then, click on Manage app list.
- A list will pop up. Here, you can manage which apps can access your webcam.
NOTE: only the applications in the trusted app list will be able to access your webcam.
Once you make your choices, they will appear in the app list.
- Lastly, we would recommend restarting your device for the changes to take effect fully.
You may also be interested in: