This article will show you how to clear the cache memory on different devices and browsers.
You will learn how to how to:
- Clear Chrome browser cache
- Clear Firefox browser cache
- Clear Safari browser cache
- Clear app cache on Android
Clear Chrome browser cache
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (three dots in the top right corner of your browser).
- Hover your mouse over the More tools section and click Clear browsing data...
- A new tab will open. There, choose a preferred time range for clearing the cache. To delete everything - select All time.
- Check the box next to Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Clear Firefox browser cache
- Open up Firefox, click the menu button, and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security section on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down a bit, and you will see the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Press Clear Data...
- In the window that appears, select Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content. Click Clear.
- Close and re-open the browser.
Clear Safari browser cache
- Open Safari and go to Preferences.
- Select Privacy and then click Manage Website Data.
- Another window will appear. Click Remove All.
- Select Remove Now.
- Open Safari again and go to Preferences again, but this time, choose Advanced options.
- In the Advanced options, enable the Show Develop menu in the menu bar option.
- Click the Develop option and then Empty Caches.
To clear Safari cache on an iOS mobile device:
- Open Settings and scroll to the Passwords & Accounts section.
- Tap Safari.
- In the Safari settings, scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Select Clear when the following pop-up appears.
Clear app cache on Android
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down until you see Apps and tap on it.
- On the next window, look for the application you wish to clear the cache for and tap on it.
- Tap the Force Stop option to stop the application process from running.
- Tap the Storage tab under the application icon.
- Then tap Clear Cache to clear the cache of the application and Clear Data to clear any additional data that comes with the application.
Congratulations, you have just learned how to clear the cache memory on main browsers and devices!
You may also be interested in: