Deleting junk files, memory hogs and cache items is a great way to give your device or app a boost. Also, along with cache images and files you will clear cookies. Cookies can affect the VPN, especially for e-stores and streaming services, since they save your location. For that reason some of the apps or websites could still locate your home location even with the VPN on. Solution for that is to clear cache after connecting to the VPN and here we have presented some ways to do that.
- Open up Chrome and in the browser and in the browser bar and press enter:
- A “Clear browsing data” window will appear, choose Advanced.
- Select the Time range to be All Time.
- Select these four of they should be selected by default:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Click Clear data.
- Re-open the browser.
- Open up Firefox and click the menu button and choose Options.
- Then select the Privacy & Security section on the left-hand side and scroll down a bit to the History section.
- Press on Clear History.
- In the window that will appear select the time range to Everything.
- Tick all the boxes of the elements you want to delete.
- Select Clear Now.
- And re-open the browser.
- Make sure you open Safari before. Now that you can see Safari in the toolbar click on it and choose Preferences.
- In the window that opens, choose Privacy options and click on Manage Website Data.
- Another window will appear saying “These websites have stored data...”. Click on Remove All.
- Choose Remove Now.
Once you have cleared the Cookies the next steps are you clear cache.
- Again click on Safari in the toolbar and choose Preferences.
- Now choose Advanced options.
- In the Advanced options enable Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Now click in the Develop option which you will now see in the toolbar and click in Empty Caches.
- Open your iOS Settings and scroll to the section that starts with Passwords & Accounts.
- Click on Safari.
- In the Safari settings scroll down and choose Clear History and Website Data.
- Agree to Clear History and Data and you’re all set!
- Tap and hold on an app of your preference in the slide menu of your Android. Tap on i icon to bring up app info.
- Now click on Storage.
- Click on CLEAR CACHE.
- Continue with MANAGE SPACE.
- In the app storage choose to CLEAR ALL DATA.
Note: for some apps you will allow you to clear cache and app data in the Storage without the need to open any other sections.
Come chat with Customer Success Sharks, we’ll be happy to answer any further questions!