Deleting junk files, memory hogs and cache items is a great way to give your device or app a boost. Also, along with cache images and files you will clear cookies. Cookies can affect the VPN, especially for e-stores and streaming services, since they save your location. For that reason some of the apps or websites could still locate your home location even with the VPN on. Solution for that is to clear cache after connecting to the VPN and here we have presented some ways to do that.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (three dots in the top right corner of your browser).
- Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open up Firefox and click the menu button and choose Options.
- Then select the Privacy & Security section on the left-hand side and scroll down a bit to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Press Clear Data...
- In the window that appears select Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content.
- Click Clear.
- Close and re-open the browser.
- Make sure you open Safari before. Now that you can see Safari in the toolbar click on it and choose Preferences.
- In the window that opens, choose Privacy options and click on Manage Website Data.
- Another window will appear saying “These websites have stored data...”. Click on Remove All.
- Choose Remove Now.
Once you have cleared the Cookies the next steps are you clear cache.
- Again click on Safari in the toolbar and choose Preferences.
- Now choose Advanced options.
- In the Advanced options enable Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Now click in the Develop option which you will now see in the toolbar and click in Empty Caches.
- Open your iOS Settings and scroll to the section that starts with Passwords & Accounts.
- Click on Safari.
- In the Safari settings scroll down and choose Clear History and Website Data.
- Agree to Clear History and Data and you’re all set!
- Tap and hold on an app of your preference in the slide menu of your Android. Tap on i icon to bring up app info.
- Now click on Storage.
- Click on CLEAR CACHE.
- Continue with MANAGE SPACE.
- In the app storage choose to CLEAR ALL DATA.
Note: for some apps you will allow you to clear cache and app data in the Storage without the need to open any other sections.
Come chat with Customer Success Sharks, we’ll be happy to answer any further questions!