Sometimes antivirus software might be interfering with VPN background processes and, therefore, blocking the connection. This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Malwarebytes antivirus settings. This will help to prevent possible conflicts and interruptions between these two applications.
You will only need the Malwarebytes antivirus application to follow along, so let's get started!
- Launch the Malwarebytes app and click on the cogwheel at the top-right corner.
- Select the Allow List tab.
- Select Add on the right-hand side.
- In the new pop-up screen, select Allow a file or folder.
- Click on the Select a folder option.
- Navigate to the Surfshark folder. The default location for Surfshark is This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86). Once you have the Surfshark folder highlighted, hit Select Folder.
- Lastly, make sure that the Exclude from all detections option is selected, and click Done.
- The Surfshark folder will appear on your Malwarebytes exception list.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the Malwarebytes Antivirus application on your device!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or email.
You may also be interested in: