This guide will help you make an exception for Surfshark on the Malwarebytes antivirus settings.
You will only need the Malwarebytes antivirus application to follow along.
- Launch the Malwarebytes app and click on the cogwheel at the top-right corner.
- Select the Allow List tab.
- Select Add on the right-hand side.
- In the new pop-up screen, select Allow a file or folder.
- Click on the Select a folder option.
- Navigate to the Surfshark folder. The default location for Surfshark is This PC -> Windows (C:) -> Program Files (x86). Once you have the Surfshark folder highlighted, hit Select Folder.
- Lastly, make sure that the Exclude from all detections option is selected, and click Done.
- The Surfshark folder will appear on your Malwarebytes exception list.
Congratulations - you have successfully created an exception in the Malwarebytes Antivirus application on your device!
You may also be interested in: