In this article, you will learn the basics of Bypasser feature and how to use it on Windows.
You will need a Windows device with Surfshark installed and an active subscription. You can a subscription on our pricing page if you don't have one.
You'll learn the following:
What is the Bypasser?
Bypasser is a feature that allows specific apps & websites to route via or bypass the VPN tunnel.
Bypasser has two options:
- Bypass VPN blocks selected applications and websites from using the VPN connection.
- Route via VPN allows only the chosen applications and websites to use the VPN connection.
- Open the Surfshark application. On the left-hand side panel, click Settings.
- In the Settings tab, click on VPN settings.
- Once there, click on Bypasser.
- Toggle the switch bar on the right side to enable the preferred Bypasser option.
- Once you enable either Bypass VPN or Route via VPN, click on Select apps. Then, you can start adding applications that will bypass the VPN or will be routed through it.
- You will see a list of all applications visible on your device. To add the app to Bypass VPN, leave a checkmark in the square on the app’s right.
- If you can't find the application on this list, click Add apps and locate an executable file for the application you wish to add.
- Reconnect to any location on Surfshark, and the applications on the Bypass VPN list will bypass the VPN coverage.
NOTE: If you wish to route specific applications only via VPN, enable Route via VPN instead of Bypass VPN.
Select websites or IP addresses
To bypass certain websites instead of apps, enable Bypass VPN below the Websites / IP addresses tab instead and click on Add websites or IP addresses.
A window will appear with a field where you can input either a website or an IP address. Type the one you prefer, and click Add.
- Reconnect to any location on Surfshark, and the websites or IP addresses on the Bypass VPN list will bypass the VPN coverage.
You may also be interested in:
- Surfshark Features and Settings
- How to use Bypasser™ on Android
- What protocols can I use with Surfshark