This guide will show you how to share an internet connection with other devices. For this example, we will share the internet connection from an Android phone to a Windows PC.
As you may already know, mobile phones can use Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, or even Ethernet connection to connect to the internet. You can turn on the Hotspot feature on your phone to share the internet connection to other devices that can connect to Wi-Fi networks.
Using your mobile hotspot can help you if you have issues with your current network, for example, you are using a restricted network in a hotel or your current Wi-Fi connection is too slow.
- Firstly, turn on Mobile Data on your phone and turn Wi-Fi off on the drop-down menu.
- If you have never used the Hotspot, at first, you will need to configure it by setting a name and password. You can enter any name and password of your choice.
- Now you can turn on the Hotspot on the same page of Hotspot settings. Tap the switch to turn it on.
- When you turn on the Hotspot network, it will appear as a newly available network in your environment. If you are using Windows, click the Wi-Fi on your toolbar, and you will find a new network. Click on it and connect to this network.
- Enter that password that you have set previously and click Next.
- Now you should see you have successfully connected to your Hotspot network.
Congratulations - you successfully set up a mobile Hotspot!
If you have any further questions, our customer success team will help you 24/7 over live chat or e-mail.
You may also be interested in: