As you may already know, mobile phones can use Wi-Fi, Mobile Data or even Ethernet connection to connect to the internet.
You can turn on the Hotspot feature on your phone to share the internet connection to other devices that can be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
You can imagine your phone becoming a mini router that you can connect to and get to the internet after turning on this setting.
Here is how to share the internet connection to other devices of yours. As an example, we can share the internet connection from an Android phone to a Windows PC.
- At first, turn on Mobile Data on your phone and turn Wi-Fi off.
- If you have never used the Hotspot, at first you will need to configure it by setting a name and password. You can enter any name and password of your choice.
- Now you can turn on the Hotspot on the same page of Hotspot settings. Tap the switch to turn it on.
- When you turn on the Hotspot network, it will appear as a new available network in your environment.
If you are using Windows, click the Wi-Fi on your toolbar and you will find a new network with the your chosen name. Click on it and connect to this network.
- Enter that password that you have set previously and click Next.
- Now you should see the you have successfully connected to your Hotspot network.
Great, you have successfully connected your Windows to your mobile hotspot network! That can be done the same way on all other devices that have an option to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Just go to the network settings, search for new networks and connect to your Hotspot network.
If something is not going according to the guide, feel free to contact our Customer Success Sharks anytime!