As you may already know, mobile phones can use Wi-Fi, mobile data, or even Ethernet connection to connect to the internet. You can share this connection with other devices (that can connect to Wi-Fi networks) by turning on the hotspot feature on your phone.
Here's how to share a mobile hotspot connection:
- Firstly, on your phone's drop-down menu, turn off Wi-Fi and turn on Mobile Data.
- If you have never used the hotspot feature before, you will need to configure it by setting a name and a password. You can enter any name and password you'd like.
- Now, on the Hotspot settings page, turn on the hotspot by tapping the switch.
- Once turned on, the Hotspot network will appear as a newly available network in your environment. If you are using a Windows device, click the Wi-Fi icon on your toolbar, and you will find the new network. Just tap on it and connect as you would to any Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password that you previously set and click Next.
- You should now be connected to your hotspot network.
Congratulations - you successfully set up and connected to a mobile hotspot!
You may also be interested in: