IPv6 can be quickly disabled on your Windows PC. It will still operate on your network, but Windows client will not receive it.
To do so, follow steps below:
- Click the Windows button
- Go to Settings (gear icon)
- Go to Network & Internet
- On the left pane, choose Wi-Fi (wireless internet) or Ethernet (wired internet connection) connection, depending on which one you are connected to
- Scroll down and at the bottom of the page and click Change adapter options
- Now you will see all TAP adapters that are installed on your PC. They are used to make an internet connection in different methods. Right-click on the active Tap adapter, then click Properties.
- Make sure the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) line is unticked.
- Repeat the process with other TAP adapters.
- Reboot your computer and connect to Surfshark servers!