You can set up OpenVPN connection on your Mac device by using Tunnelblick. This application is supported by MacOS 10.4+.
1. Download Tunnelblick from their website here https://tunnelblick.net/downloads.html. Tunnelblick is a free open-source program that helps you connect to Surfshark servers using OpenVPN.
2. Download our server configuration files that you can find here https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual. You can download configuration files for a single server or all of them at once by clicking the OpenVPN configuration files below the individual servers list.
3. To install the Tunnelblick client, navigate to your Downloads folder and open the Tunnelblick installation file that you have downloaded.
4. Double-click the Tunnelblick icon in the opened window to continue.
5. After that, a window will appear asking if you want to continue. Click Open.
6. Press Install and continue with the installation process. After it is complete, open the OpenVPN configuration files folder and select the configuration files that you want to add. Double-click on them and a prompt will appear if you want to install the configuration files for all users. Check the Apply to all and select Only Me.
7. Click the Tunneblick icon in the top right corner of your screen and select a server to connect to.
8. You will be asked to enter your service credentials which you can find here https://account.surfshark.com/setup/manual. Enter your username and password from your profile (check the Save in Keychain if you want your credentials to be remembered) and click OK.
9. You will now be connected to Surfshark. To disconnect, press the Tunnelblick icon again and select Disconnect from server.