Surfshark OpenVPN manual connection can be set up using OpenVPN GUI open-source application.
- To begin with, you have to download OpenVPN GUI. If you are using Windows 7 or above you can download it here.
If you are using Windows VISTA or older, you would have to use this link instead:
- After the download is complete, install the OpenVPN GUI, and follow the setup wizard.
- Once the installation is complete, download our OpenVPN configuration files from here.
- Afterwards, extract the configuration files to this directory: C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config.
Please note, that you may be requested for permission to extract files in to this folder. Allow it to proceed.
- After the installation is complete and configuration files are extracted in to the dedicated folder, run the OpenVPN GUI application:
- The application will launch minimized and you will be able to locate it in the bottom-right corner of your desktop:
- Right-click the OpenVPN GUI icon, drag your mouse on one of the servers and click to connect.
- You will have to authenticate with the service credentials of your Surfshark account which you can find in your Profile.
- In a few seconds, the connection window will disappear and the OpenVPN GUI Icon in the system tray will turn green.
That is it! You are successfully connected!