There can be various reasons why your initial payment didn't go through. This article will go through some possible payment issues.
NOTE: We highly recommend not making subsequent payments one after another to prevent multiple accidental charges. If that happens, please feel free to contact us using the live chat feature below this article so we can issue a refund for the unintended payments.
What to do if your payment failed
- First and foremost, reach out to your bank to check whether they have any information regarding your failed payment and your account's condition.
- Make sure that your bank allows international payments. Be aware that we do not accept gift cards or prepaid cards, except for Visa or Mastercard prepaid cards.
Other possible payment issues can happen:
- Your credit/debit card lacks the funds to make this payment.
- The information you provided when attempting the purchase didn't match that credit/debit card's info.
- The card is expired.
- The payment was flagged as fraudulent. Payment could become a fraud if you pay while connected to a VPN or Proxy.
- Your transaction was declined. Contact your bank to clear the payment and permit future payments to Surfshark.
You may also be interested in:
- What payment options do you offer?
- Do you offer a free trial?
- Are there any additional payments or hidden costs?